Friday 18 October 2013

iPads and Buddies


My buddy teacher and I have an understanding.  She does the “floofy” projects (art and crafts) and I do the PE and tech projects.  I thought a good place to start would be to use Book Creator to create simple books with our buddies.

Using Book Creator, the students took pictures of their little buddies in various activities (running, jumping, phoning, playing soccer) and wrote sentences describing what was happening (for example "Kabir is playing soccer.")  Some of my students wanted to use Comic Life instead, so theirs were formated a little different, but still worked towards the same end goal.

The big buddies were responsible for showing their buddies how to open and turn on the iPads, and then getting the app running and a new document made.  They then showed their buddies how to take pictures and add text.  

The project went great!  Every group was able to create pages with content.  Some groups ended up with longer books than others.  At the end we had a sharing time where students took turns projecting their work on the Apple TV and reading to the class.

The project took 45 minutes, which would be the minimum time you could get away with and still have finished products for each group.  In the end, my buddy teacher learned a new skill, my admin was happy that I was passing around my tech knowledge, and my students had a great time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment